Egg bound??

Racegirl178

Hatching
Oct 4, 2020
Does this look like she is egg bound? If not does anyone know what else it could be?? Her poop looks like egg drop soup. Ugh. My video will not load. It tells me the file is empty. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 7969AA9E-89E5-4227-B578-C829EDE0B23D.jpeg
    7969AA9E-89E5-4227-B578-C829EDE0B23D.jpeg
    671.9 KB · Views: 15
Does this look like she is egg bound? If not does anyone know what else it could be?? Her poop looks like egg drop soup. Ugh. My video will not load. It tells me the file is empty. What am I doing wrong?
She is having what looks like contractions from back end breathing heavy. She stopped laying a week ago but has seemed to be normal

Poop alone doesn't indicate much. Behavior is what tells us the most.

Is her vent pulsating strongly? If you push against her vent with the flat of your fingers, does she push back like she is straining to poop?

Is there a clear or white chalky fluid dripping steadily from her vent drenching her fluff under the vent?

Being egg bound doesn't necessarily mean you can feel an egg. It may be a shell-less egg farther up that's stuck. These are difficult to pass. Do you have any calcium supplement tablets?
P1010010.JPG
If not, how about Tums? Give her one whole tablet immediately. It will help strengthen contractions to get the egg out sooner. It also helps to place her on something warm. A heating pad or a towel warmed in the dryer.

Also, it's absolutely crucial she have access to plenty of fresh water. She will easily get dehydrated if she doesn't drink water during this ordeal.

You can upload your video to YouTube with a link here. Egg bound hens cannot poop, so I would suspect she is suffering from a reproductive disorder. How does her crop feel early this morning? Is she walking around normally? What is her age?

Back
Top Bottom