Egg bound?

imjustme247

Chirping
Jul 14, 2022
I feel like my Hen is egg bound. She has been really lethargic. Her come is flopped over she’s panting and I stuck my finger up her butt and felt something hard which I was assuming is an egg and I also felt a little crack in the egg, I currently have her soaking in Epson salt bath. What else should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_3206.jpeg
    IMG_3206.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 80
Try giving her a Tum or calcium pill all crushed up. Those will help improve the strength of the contractions so she can push the egg out easier. Put a little vegetable oil or vaseline around her vent and very gently massage her abdomen from front to back. That will help to encourage contractions to happen. But you will have to be extremely careful while doing this so the egg doesn't break. After that, put her in a dark, quiet place so she can try to lay the egg. You may have to do this several times over the next few hours if she doesn't pass the egg.

Try giving her a Tum or calcium pill all crushed up. Those will help improve the strength of the contractions so she can push the egg out easier. Put a little vegetable oil or vaseline around her vent and very gently massage her abdomen from front to back. That will help to encourage contractions to happen. But you will have to be extremely careful while doing this so the egg doesn't break. After that, put her in a dark, quiet place so she can try to lay the egg. You may have to do this several times over the next few hours if she doesn't pass the egg.
Thank you I did give her a tums which she ate with pleasure. Okay I will do that. Should I flush the vent? There was a weird discharge when I put my finger up there again see attached picture

Attachments

• IMG_3210.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 37
I feel like my Hen is egg bound. She has been really lethargic. Her come is flopped over she’s panting and I stuck my finger up her butt and felt something hard which I was assuming is an egg and I also felt a little crack in the egg, I currently have her soaking in Epson salt bath. What else should I do?
Update this came out of her but

Attachments

• IMG_3210.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 34
Thank you I did give her a tums which she ate with pleasure. Okay I will do that. Should I flush the vent? There was a weird discharge when I put my finger up there again see attached picture
Not sure what the discharge could be. Could I see a picture of her vent?

I personally might wait on the vent flushing and see how she does in the next couple of hours. How is she doing now?

She’s doing much better!thank you

Back
Top Bottom