Egg bound

I'm sorry I didn't answer you...my internet is out at the house and all I had is my phone and this site is different on a mobile device. You cant directly reply to the individual on the mobile site. Anyways...
I have given her calcium 3 times now and still she hasn't laid the egg! When I get home tonight im going to try the "EXAM".

How do I give the exam? I can feel the egg from the outside. Im scared I will break it.

Thanks. By me giving this exam what will it do for her since I can feel it from the outside? I have no vets in my area that will work with live stock. I'm desperate at this point!

You have to confirm if it is in fact an egg you are feeling from the outside,several other issues present similar symptoms including the hard feeling abdomen.

My Polish was eggbound with her first egg. First, I tried the warm bath, and calcium. I then used a lot of olive oil, lubed up my finger and gently inserted it into her vent and applied oil all around. I could feel the egg and gently (so as NOT to break the egg) I lubed around the egg as much as possible. When she moved the egg down a little further down, I again used A LOT of oil and just kept gently using my finger to apply. At this point, my Polish was pushing and trying to pass, and I had my finger lubricated and was helping. Finally, a big push and she passed it. I bathed her again and watched her for a few days. I wanted to make sure she could pass her next egg with no problem. She has done great since and lays the biggest egg of all my chickens.

This was my first experience with a chicken being eggbound. You have to try using the olive oil and your finger. Take a deep breath and go!

When you put lubricant around vent area,did you put any lubricant internally in vent? If not,try this and keep doing the warm water soaks,either this is a very large egg or possibly egg is positioned the wrong way.

When you put lubricant around vent area,did you put any lubricant internally in vent? If not,try this and keep doing the warm water soaks,either this is a very large egg or possibly egg is positioned the wrong way.
When my Polish was eggbound, I did put the olive oil internally as well. I used a lot of olive oil, making sure everything was VERY lubricated. She has been full recovered for a couple of months now and has had no other problems laying.

Back
Top Bottom