egg carrier

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rottlady, Sep 11, 2016.

1. rottlady

rottlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2016
    Georges Mills, NH
    I had no clue what forum to put this under LOL

I have to carry my eggs by boat or ATV from the coop at my SIL house to the cabin we are staying in. Right now I am using a yogurt container packed with paper towels but that has had it's successes and failures

Is there a ready made carrier for eggs that stays shut and keeps the eggs from banging against each other for such a transport? Egg cartons did not work out well either LOL

I was thinking something LIKE an egg carton but hard plastic with a locking lid?????

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I am sure such a thing still exists. When I was a kid, ahem...a few years ago, we had two egg containers in a 3x4 configuration. They were in our camping supplies. They were a very rugged plastic...like the thickness you'd find in plastic ice cube trays. Never had a broken egg. I'd search in an outdoor or camping catalog. Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  3. rottlady

rottlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2016
    Georges Mills, NH
    Yes found that thanks!

4. Weehopper

Weehopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2015
    Put a couple of rubber bands around your egg cartons. I do that, then pack 4 cartons to a double bagged plastic grocery store bag, with the handles tied in a knot at the top. Or for a boat, I would put as many egg cartons as I could fit into a cooler chest, and pack newspaper into any dead air space to stop josteling the eggs and cartons around.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Redsoxs is right, I've seen that type of small egg cartons at Walmart in their camping/outdoors department.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by