egg cartons

My parents own a diner and when they have clean old cartons they send them to me. I am just as picky about clean as they are and have a good supply even though my 3 or 4 months olds aren't laying yet! A local breakfast shop should have plenty if you ask.

Last edited:
I haven't had to buy cartons yet, as my girls REFUSE to start laying, ...lol... but, I see them at our local Agway for $0.10 each.

Our other local feed store, which is a Mom & Pop kind of place, they're $0.14.

Jess

I was at the point of ready to order a bunch of the super cheap "misprinted" cartons from either eggboxes.com or eggcartons.com but decided to have my wife post on craigslist to trade fresh eggs for cartons (I think we offered a dozen eggs for 6 cartons)?

Anyway, once the word got out that we needed cartons people just started to drop them off... not even wanting eggs. I was also bringing eggs into work and people wanted to start buying them. Co-workers asked if I wanted any cartons and I said, "I sure do." One lady just happened to have about 30 which she just dropped off.

Well, like Manna from Heaven we were abundantly blessed with a TON of cartons... ask and ye shall receive!

If you plan on giving your eggs away you can ask your nieghbors to save and give you their egg cartons, thats what we do and we gat a lot.

Nifty.....I do the same thing. 6 empties for a full dozen. Most of the time people just give me stacks of cartons and only want maybe one dozen. So far I have 150 cartons....neatly stacked upside down, according to color and what they are made of. ( styrofoam, cardboard/paper stuff)

We don't have layers yet, but I sometimes get all ahead of myself. As much of a fan of recycling where possible as I am, I'm a little concerned about germs building up when recycling paper pulp egg cartons. I was looking around online when it dawned on me - the hard plastic containers used for taking eggs on camping trips should safely get eggs to and from their destination. And they're washable. True, this is really helpful if the people who receive the eggs return the containers. Unless you had regular customers who would put down a couple-dollar deposit on the plastic containers, I suppose. We're looking more at sharing a small amount with friends and neighbors, thus having a good chance of the plastic containers returned to us in order to have more eggs put in them.

Here's the sort of thing I'm talking about: http://www.campbound.com/camping-egg-carrier.aspx

I
also found them on military surplus sites & craigslist.

i use EggCartons.com. you can order as little as 25 cartons at a time, they have great customer service, and easy to use site. i but the printed cartons, and then make labels with my logo on it to stick on top. I'll try to post pictures at some point

I sell eggs at work and started charging $.25 extra without an exchange carton to encourage my customers to bring back cartons.

Works great.

My local feed stores carry cartons but I refuse to buy new cartons.

Back
Top Bottom