Egg cartons.....

Senna95

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 6, 2010
Woodland
My quail just started laying, and I'm planning on selling their eggs. We sell duck and chicken eggs currently, but I'm afraid the cost of the quail egg cartons may make selling the eggs unrealistic!

At about 75 cents (after shipping) for the 30-packs, I'd have to sell the eggs for more then my chicken or duck eggs!

Do any of you sell your eggs, and how do you deal with the cost of cartons? How much are you getting for your eating eggs?

Thanks!

I bought some of the cardboard 30 count quail egg cartons on ebay. With shipping they were about 50 cents each for 100. I just tell people that I have 50 cents in my cartons and if they have something they would like to put the eggs in I will knock 50 cents off my selling price.

Or if you get repeat customers you could do a deposit type thing, buy a dozen eggs and add an extra $.50-$.75. They return the cartons and don't have to pay the deposit on the next ones.

Quote:
Do they work? Cuz I got some in those cartons from someone, and 20 were broken because they caused indents where they were smooshed together.

I've not had any problems. I put some paper on top of the eggs to keep them from bumping each other (the indents on the top of the carton mush the paper down between the eggs), then I wrap the carton in 1/2 sheet of bubble wrap. I've not had any complaints. They don't work too well on buttons, but they do well on coturnix.

Thanks everyone......

The second part of my question:

How much do you sell your eating eggs for? I'm thinking about $4 or $5 for a carton of 30 eggs.

Survey!!!!

Where do you live, and how much are you getting for your eggs?

Back
Top Bottom