Egg Collecting gadget???

tororider

Songster
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast MI
I was wondering if any of you have seen/created/heard of a way to have the eggs roll down away from the hen to a collection area? I was thinking of having a hole in the nest with wires/rubber bands across, sturdy enough to hold the hen, large enough holes to let an egg through. Then an inch or two below having soft foam below angled ever so slightly back to a collection area. Am I crazy, or just plain silly? Thanks

So you want to sling-shot those eggs down a shut do ya?? Guess you like your eggs scrambled, lol!!!!

Personally, I like the 5 finger method and a basket but yours is certainly better for a laugh, or breakfast, lol!!

Last edited:
Personally, I like the 5 finger method and a basket but yours is certainly better for a laugh, or breakfast, lol!!

I agree, personally I llike reaching in and searching for that one beauty that rolled where it wasn't supposed to. I have chickens for hte reason that I do not want automation any more in my like than I have to. Isn't chicken raising our fight against machinery?
love.gif

frow.gif

I have an egg collecting gadget. It is a long handled but very small shovel. I have a few girls who like to hide eggs in the very back corner under the roost. It is either shimmer under spread flat out on the floor or find something to scoop with. I prefer to scoop.

Back
Top Bottom