Egg color change from brown to white

Jen1131

Chirping
Sep 10, 2022
A couple of days ago we added an addition to our chicken coop. It gives them a great deal more space . Since then we noticed two things changed. They are not going in their coop before the automatic door shuts( they never have done this) . The coop part has not been changed at all. Just gave them more run space. Also since then two of our chickens who are brown layers started to lay white eggs! Could this be from stress?

Since then we noticed two things changed. They are not going in their coop before the automatic door shuts( they never have done this) .
Then it wasn't really a change, eh? ;)

Also since then two of our chickens who are brown layers started to lay white eggs! Could this be from stress?
All brown eggs are white shells covered in a brown coating, sometimes the coating can change or not happen. Nothing to worry about, it will likely return.

I do love this site! I notice this morning that I had two bright white eggs in my normally all brown egg coop.

A catastrophic thinker, I am convinced I have a serious problem and of course all my girls have a terrible incurable disease.

But I pop in here, do a quick search of previous topics and discover that it’s not an uncommon thing and my babies are all ok! Phew!!

I’ve learned that there are very few brand new issues with our fluffy butts, and chances are good someone has asked already asked and answered my question in this forum!

Then it wasn't really a change, eh? ;)

All brown eggs are white shells covered in a brown coating, sometimes the coating can change or not happen. Nothing to worry about, it will likely return.
I have a hen that started out laying med-cream color at POL but now that she’s a year and a few months old eggs are a pale cream. One Bielefelder lays small pale cream speckled eggs- all other Biels rich tan. I tell ppl that the two outliers simply run out of ink 🤣

I do love this site! I notice this morning that I had two bright white eggs in my normally all brown egg coop.

A catastrophic thinker, I am convinced I have a serious problem and of course all my girls have a terrible incurable disease.

But I pop in here, do a quick search of previous topics and discover that it’s not an uncommon thing and my babies are all ok! Phew!!

I’ve learned that there are very few brand new issues with our fluffy butts, and chances are good someone has asked already asked and answered my question in this forum!
I am a catastrophic think we as well as it seems there are so many new issues you have raising chickens that I did not know about. My chicks went back to their normal colors after a weeks or so. I am guessing it was from stress of the their new addition added to their coop. I hear stress can make that happen temporarily!

Back
Top Bottom