Egg color question...what breed? Delaware? other?

hudsonmama

Songster
13 Years
Jul 21, 2010
I have two new eggs today, basically identical, and am wondering who is laying them. They are smallish to medium in size and are a rich medium brown in color, a good deal darker than any others we have had from our Wyandottes and new Rhode Island layers. I have two mature Delaware hens I've had for a month that I've been waiting on to lay. Is it possibly these gals? Otherwise, I don't have two other pullets of the same breed except two EE's which I don't expect to lay identical eggs.

I would post pictures but I can't find my USB cable!

I found a photo on the web but I don't know how to upload it. It shows a speckled medium brown egg that looks like my eggs. Any idea what breed of the following could lay these? My Wyandottes do not lay this dark. One Rhode Island so far layed a much lighter one, more like the Wyandottes. And I also have the 2 Delawares, a New Hampshire, a Speckled Sussex, a Cochin, and 2 Easter Eggers.

Last edited:
I figured out how to upload pics.
smile.png
Again this is NOT my photo. It's from Nature's Easter Eggs. The brown speckly egg on the bottom right of the egg circle is about the same color as my mystery eggs, although mine might be a tad larger--hard to tell here. Any ideas?

63750_egg_color_variation.jpg

BTW, how cute is the tiny egg in the middle? I want one!

Back
Top Bottom