egg color

sadieoisin

Chirping
5 Years
May 6, 2014
I have a olive egger rooster.and no oliver egger hen but I have a jubilee orphanton hen I am coming up with green eggs is this why her eggs are green I am waiting for my 2 black copper maran hens to start laying will there eggs be dark brown or green also?

A rooster mating with a hen will not have any effect on the colour of eggs she lays, it will only affect the colour of eggs a daughter hatched from her eggs will lay. If your jubilee Orpington is laying green eggs then I would guess she is not a pure jubilee Orpington, or another hen is laying the green eggs you are finding . If your Marans are pure then they will lay dark brown eggs.

A rooster mating with a hen will not have any effect on the colour of eggs she lays, it will only affect the colour of eggs a daughter hatched from her eggs will lay. If your jubilee Orpington is laying green eggs then I would guess she is not a pure jubilee Orpington, or another hen is laying the green eggs you are finding . If your Marans are pure then they will lay dark brown eggs.

X2 on rebrascora's post.

x4

Back
Top Bottom