Egg color

Lol, just trying to help. Sometimes when telling someone the breeds they have, I forget to label who is what. A list isn't as helpful when someone doesn't know what the breeds look like.
I am so appreciative for any information! I’m a new chicken mom since August and just got our first eggs. I knew a little but this page has helped me so much. So many friendly people willing to help educate with their input. I love learning everything about my girls. Thank you so much!

Thank you! I’ve been told before that the one with the impressive hairdo is pure cream legbar and the other a mix. So this makes sense!
Love the hair!

Lol, just trying to help. Sometimes when telling someone the breeds they have, I forget to label who is what. A list isn't as helpful when someone doesn't know what the breeds look like.
Yep. Plus hatchery quality can throw curve balls. Take my “lemon” cuckoo niederrheiner pullet, Donald (def a female) who missed out on the lemon part. I still like my lil red devil, tho. Here she is wish her sister Daisy..same hatchery :idunno

Attachments

• 30E0EF80-5739-4CED-974B-B870BF2FEEF5.jpeg
    30E0EF80-5739-4CED-974B-B870BF2FEEF5.jpeg
    745 KB · Views: 4
I have a hen that looks exactly like your pic #3, she was sold to me as a crested cream legbar and I was told she was "production stock". Does this sound legit to the veterans here?

I have a hen that looks exactly like your pic #3, she was sold to me as a crested cream legbar and I was told she was "production stock". Does this sound legit to the veterans here?
The grayish hen with a head poof? She could be a legbar, just a hatchery quality one. Hatchery birds aren't bad, they just typically can't be shown.

The grayish hen with a head poof? She could be a legbar, just a hatchery quality one. Hatchery birds aren't bad, they just typically can't be shown.
Yes, the grayish one with the poof😁 I am totally cool with it either way, she is a real doll and very curious. I am hoping for blue eggs when she starts laying. Thanks for the reply. Have a nice day. To the op, I love your birds.

Back
Top Bottom