Egg colors

KrisRoberts

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2015
Our Henrietta has the coloring of a black copper marans but she is crossed with something that we do not know. The egg color is a very very light tan w/ a hint of pink. She is just 5 months old. Can anyone maybe help me figure out what kind of rooster was her daddy?

No I do not. I was hoping since she had black copper marans in her that I would get a somewhat dark egg, but the first two have looked real light tan with a hint of pnk.

Can someone tell me why my welsumer and my black marans are laying light brown eggs? Shouldn't they be dark brown or atleast a darker brown?
The welsumer is approx 10 months old and the black marans is 5 1/2 months old.

welcome-byc.gif

Pictures of your birds would be very helpful, perhaps they aren't the breed they were reported to be? And if they aren't pure breed (as you mentioned one isn't in your first post) that could account for the lighter color eggs.

They could be mixes or they could just be poorly bred stock. If the breeder don't select for dark egg coloration then it could have been bred out of the flock.

The place that I got these two particular birds is supposedly a certified purebred chicken farm.

Back
Top Bottom