Egg counter

Hahaha tooo funny excel geeks posting screen shots at same time!!

LOL ... yep!

I do have to say, yours is much more impressive than mine!
clap.gif

However, I think they are actually good examples of how to record what you want to get out of them and the scale you want to go to.

That's awesome!!! Now I have some excell sheets to work on ha.

Teila: how can you tell which lady has laid an egg? Mine are all brown egg layers and so its hard to tell, unless some tail feathers are stuck to it.

Hey josher57 the short answer, by who is carrying on the most
wink.png

The long answer …

Cilla Bantam Cochin, or Pekin Cochin or Pekin, depending on from where you hail .. here is Aus, she is a Pekin; lays the smallest eggs of the 5 and hers are round and white. She sings the egg song with every egg.

Dusty Bantam Langshan lays the pointiest eggs … no mistaking hers! She also carries on about it for hours beforehand .. ‘gunna lay an egg, gunna lay an egg, gunna lay an egg’:

Blondie also a Pekin lays eggs the same colour and shape as Cilla but slightly larger and she does not sing the egg song. I know when she is laying because Cilla sits in the coop and carries on because Blondie is in her nest box, even though Cilla has already used it or does not want to use it!

LuLu Frizzle Pekin lays the largest egg of all of them and hers are not round or pointed, just your traditional egg shape and white.

Crystal Silkie X Pekin lays traditional shaped brown eggs .. again, hers are easy.

Last edited:
There are many ways to configure a spread sheet, that's why I like the program, you can make it work for you, and modify it if your needs or mind changes.
I think most apps are just canned macros, can be limited use, but good for non computer savvy folk...
......but I'm old school, started computing with dos on vax and have never owned a 'smart' phone.
The excel I use is 2003, eek, someday it won't function, hopefully by then things will have come down off the cloud.

I tracked the weight of every egg laid by every (all 6) pullet by name the first year I hatched.
It was easy as their eggs were all unique as was their appearance.
Now? Fahgetaboutit!! Have 10 pullets this year with sets of twins and triplets so don't even bother, but do keep count of pullet egg vs hens eggs.

Back
Top Bottom