Egg cracked!!

I've used liquid bandage and had a successful hatch with spider cracked eggs. Depends on how cracked it is. I just saw a video where they hatched a chick without a shell-so don't despair, it just depends on how much damage-if any was done, bacteria can get in while cracked (seal it, asap). You should be able to find examples of it here on this website.

The eggshell keeps bacteria out and protects the delicate membrane. Chonsey is correct, the shell isn't required at all. Heck, scientists in labs have cracked new eggs open in sterile conditions, put the egg contents in a new container, sealed an artificial membrane over it, and had the egg develop entirely. It's a lower hatch rate than a regular egg, but not terrible. If the membrane is intact and no bacteria get in, the chick should be fine. Covering it up is a way to keep bacteria out.

The eggshell keeps bacteria out and protects the delicate membrane. Chonsey is correct, the shell isn't required at all. Heck, scientists in labs have cracked new eggs open in sterile conditions, put the egg contents in a new container, sealed an artificial membrane over it, and had the egg develop entirely. It's a lower hatch rate than a regular egg, but not terrible. If the membrane is intact and no bacteria get in, the chick should be fine. Covering it up is a way to keep bacteria out.
I'm a new egg an I really appreciate all of the advice and support from all of you!!!! Thanks a million

Back
Top Bottom