Do you like it?!

• Total voters
Pics

Fluffy Lambs

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
May 10, 2021
The Hot State
The candler that was used is a Magicfly Egg Candler.

Why Candle?
Candling allows you see the development of eggs from day one to before hatch, remove possible exploders, rottens, and eggs that stopped development. It also allows you to see cracks in eggs before incubating, (which should be tosses or kept to eat instead) and if the egg is a double yolker.

I have posted eggs on different days of development to show they're progress. Please tell me if there's anything you think I should add, and feel free to ask any questions about incubating, whether it be with a broody or a 'bator.

Egg that stopped developing on day 3 or 4
IMG_7887.JPG

Un-incubated egg
IMG_7898.JPG

Eggs incubated for 9 hours
IMG_7890.JPG IMG_7892.JPG

Egg on day 2 (do you see the Embryo?)
IMG_7896.JPG
IMG_7894.JPG

Egg on day 4
IMG_7893.JPG

Egg on day 17
IMG_7889.JPG

Egg on day 18
IMG_7897.JPG

Eggs in a 10+ year old (I think, it was given to me by a friend) incubator (Farm Innovators model 4200)
IMG_7899.JPG

Eggs that have been moved to a "Hatching" incubator (VIVIOHOME/JANOEL12) without a turner and increased humidity
IMG_7901.JPG

This probably should have been a article, but...........:lol::cool:

Seriously though, let me know what you think!

Cool!
Can you ALWAYS see something in a day 2 egg? I candled mine and see nothing... Should I give up?
Day 4 or 5 is a good day to candle. If the temp is slightly higher, the eggs develop faster. Thats why sometimes a broody hen harches her chicks a day or days later than 21 days.

Back
Top Bottom