Egg didaster

Buchananpl

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 30, 2010
We went to lift my broody out of the nest this morning and my 2 year old came with me, trowel in hand, whilst I was putting the broody on the floor he dropped the trowel into the nest and one if the eggs cracked and blood came out, I didn't know what to do so have put some candle wax over the cracks - they are hairline ones and then put the egg in my incubator. The egg is on day 17, is that the end of it?? I am assuming it will die.

I think it will die, too.

Don't feel bad about your two year old either. My husband dropped a tool on my broody's eggs whilst she was off the nest and broke all but one!

Sandie

don't throw it out i had 2 chicks survive thee inside of there eggs were coated in blood. The first egg the hen pecked it and the top of the egg was open, there was a fair bit of blood people said the chick would die but it didn't its now a week old. I had to help it out of the egg same with the other chick had to help it too. Both eggs inside were coated in blood. Both chicks are alive and are a week old.

Give it a chance it may or may not live
smile.png
as silkieowner said her 2 chicks lived

I candled it just before and there was movement inside the egg, fingers crossed it will be OK

Back
Top Bottom