Egg eater

mogollon

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 30, 2016
Payson AZ
Is it possible to have a pigeon in the loft eat eggs? I had two nests in the corners of my loft. One had 2 eggs the other 1. Today when I went out to feed my birds all the eggs were gone. I found one partial shell stuck to a bird and the remains of another by their waterer. Thoughts? The loft is tight with the exception of the trap. There's no sign of predation.

Is it possible to have a pigeon in the loft eat eggs? I had two nests in the corners of my loft. One had 2 eggs the other 1. Today when I went out to feed my birds all the eggs were gone. I found one partial shell stuck to a bird and the remains of another by their waterer. Thoughts? The loft is tight with the exception of the trap. There's no sign of predation.
Sounds like they broke the eggs. Some birds are heavy sitters/rough in the nest and they break the eggs. Telltale sign is when it's stuck and hanging off the underside of one of the parents. Make sure they have enough nesting material so it has some cushion at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom