Egg eaters!!!!

DISH SOAP?! No, that might kill the hens! I wouldn't do that!

Sorry if I sounded rude when I said that... I have been real stressed and I'm not myself... I'm WAY nicer than that 😌. But, my attitude has changed since I had tryed to help my chickens, (that tends to put stress on my shoulders) but... they always die... 😔 I should be more careful about what I say...

Sorry if I sounded rude when I said that... I have been real stressed and I'm not myself... I'm WAY nicer than that 😌. But, my attitude has changed since I had tryed to help my chickens, (that tends to put stress on my shoulders) but... they always die... 😔 I should be more careful about what I say...
It’s ok. I’m so sorry you’ve been stressed. :hugs

No one has mentioned it yet, I don't think, but they might be needing more protein, if they are craving the eggs that might mean they need more protein in their diet. I would switch to an all flock feed with a higher protein content, and feed free choice oyster shells on the side. It would be better for your rooster in the long run anyways, since too much calcium can be bad for roosters.

All is fine @i want a sillkie , I'm sorry for your losses, recently I lost a chick because it got pecked in the head by an older hen. We cannot save them all, but I'm sure you tried your best. I am sure you are a nice person, we all have stressful times. May God take the stress off your shoulders.

This worked for me, blow an egg and put mustard, vinegar, and a SMALL drop of dish soap.
I tried that today and the egg was eaten in record time by one of my buff orps! But I also put an alabaster egg next to the loaded one. I did see her pecking at the fake one too, but later in the day got 4 good eggs. Maybe I beat the cannibal to the feast or maybe the fake egg worked. Hope so.

Back
Top Bottom