Egg Frustration! !!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by HenMamma, Oct 9, 2008.

1. HenMamma

HenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Emmet TWP, MI
    After 6 weeks of getting 2 eggs a day, I finally started getting 5-6 a day last week. Well, for the last few days I have only been getting 2 a day again (one silkie and one white rock). I have not changed anything in their routine, Same feed, water, schedule, treats, etc. I am so frustrated!

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:I know how you feel it happened to me while ago and I got frustrated too,but the hen came back and start laying again,so I guess it is normal ,just wait I am sure they will come back.
    Omran

3. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    shorter daylight hours, they may not lay like they were till spring time.

wendy

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Are they perchance free ranging? If so, they could be laying covertly somewhere. Also, I found one of my hens laying her eggs in the shavings and then actually cover it up! I wouldn't have known except I happened to see the end sticking out.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We go through that too - we have six hens, and we are sure that 5 are laying. We get 4 eggs, 3 eggs, 2 eggs, 4 eggs etc., never any kind of a pattern. The good news is that the 2 eggs days are far and few between.

6. HenMamma

HenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Emmet TWP, MI
    Seems like everyone just took a week long break. I got 8 eggs so far today! Maybe they were on strike because I haven't been spending time with them, and they only started laying again because I was out with them for a while today? Silly chickens, they need to learn how to talk. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by