Egg Frustration! !!

HenMamma

Songster
11 Years
May 10, 2008
Emmet TWP, MI
After 6 weeks of getting 2 eggs a day, I finally started getting 5-6 a day last week. Well, for the last few days I have only been getting 2 a day again (one silkie and one white rock). I have not changed anything in their routine, Same feed, water, schedule, treats, etc. I am so frustrated!

Quote:
I know how you feel it happened to me while ago and I got frustrated too,but the hen came back and start laying again,so I guess it is normal ,just wait I am sure they will come back.
Omran

Are they perchance free ranging? If so, they could be laying covertly somewhere. Also, I found one of my hens laying her eggs in the shavings and then actually cover it up! I wouldn't have known except I happened to see the end sticking out.

We go through that too - we have six hens, and we are sure that 5 are laying. We get 4 eggs, 3 eggs, 2 eggs, 4 eggs etc., never any kind of a pattern. The good news is that the 2 eggs days are far and few between.

Seems like everyone just took a week long break. I got 8 eggs so far today! Maybe they were on strike because I haven't been spending time with them, and they only started laying again because I was out with them for a while today? Silly chickens, they need to learn how to talk.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom