egg hatching

grama bailey

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
thanksgiving (tom) is sitting on the eggs and christmas(jenny) is making a new nest in the chicken coop and laying more eggs. is this normal?

images
'

Welcome to BYC!

Absolutely! This is what poultry does...lay eggs and set on them. :) Hope you get some spring chicks soon! Welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.
That is normal.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like he wants to share the child rearing duties, funny. If you do a search there are actually several people who mention their toms doing that.

thankyou everyone. i had turkeys years ago but they were double breasted and i didnt know they had very hard time mating because of their weight so i never had hatched eggs so now i am learning all over and a lot of new stuff.like silkies have black skin and black bones, sounds like strange eatins. and my turkins have different colored bald necks. and bantams make mean roosters, but they are too small to eat

Back
Top Bottom