Egg ID question

chickenfarmergal

Songster
10 Years
Mar 20, 2011
Columbia, SC
I was wondering if anyone had a sure way to tell the difference in Cream Legbar eggs vs Easter Egger eggs. I want to get some CL eggs from someone. She however says she's also go a couple of EEs in her flock but not to worry even though they're the same color they're easy to tell apart. I have searched and I'm not finding any information that would show that they're super easy to tell apart. She says EEs have more of a point on the egg and CLs are more round. Anyone have any input?

I was wondering if anyone had a sure way to tell the difference in Cream Legbar eggs vs Easter Egger eggs. I want to get some CL eggs from someone. She however says she's also go a couple of EEs in her flock but not to worry even though they're the same color they're easy to tell apart. I have searched and I'm not finding any information that would show that they're super easy to tell apart. She says EEs have more of a point on the egg and CLs are more round. Anyone have any input?
It would be difficult to tell. All eggs vary greatly.
I've done where you put food coloring inside the vents of birds who's eggs you want to mark. It works very well, there will just be faint streaking on the eggs in whichever color you choose.

It would be difficult to tell. All eggs vary greatly.
I've done where you put food coloring inside the vents of birds who's eggs you want to mark. It works very well, there will just be faint streaking on the eggs in whichever color you choose.
Just for reference how exactly did you do that? I have a couple of olive eggers and one lays some very nice dark olive eggs but I'm not sure which one it is.

Just for reference how exactly did you do that? I have a couple of olive eggers and one lays some very nice dark olive eggs but I'm not sure which one it is.
You get some food coloring (I liked the gel better) rub it all over your finger, and then insert your finger into the vent. Smear it all around in there. The poops might be colored a bit, lol. Don't freak out when you see a blue poop in the yard. 🤣
I like to do it in the evening. The next day they'll lay a streaked egg. I like evenings better than mornings, because the bird is fully over the stress by the next morning. Doing it in the morning can stress them out enough that they won't lay an egg at all.
The best food coloring that I've used is blue. It works very well, and lasts quite a while after one application. I have had it last around a week. The streaks on the eggs will be fainter and fainter as time goes on though.

Back
Top Bottom