egg is stuck inside skin and is hanging on the hens bottom

I just read the whole thread. You and Rosie and your whole family have been through a lot the past few days. I have learned more about prolapse by reading your thread. I'm glad that you have vets in the area who treat chickens and that you have your follow up appointment tomorrow. You sound concerned about her droopy comb and a change in appetite. It may be due to just stress. But just in case it involves her crop, you might want to remove her food and water before bedtime, and then check to see if her crop emptied by the morning. That will help provide your vet with more information to rule out anything involving the crop. Because it sounds like Rosie finds it relaxing to sit in your lap, you can give her a little crop massage at the same time.

Hang in there, and keep us updated.

thanks,i havent been leaving her food and waterin her place with her. i am afraid she will spill the water on herself and get cold. so i go in from time to time and see if she wants a drink and bite. i am going to try to feed her some noodles shortly. i didnt think about it being relaxing for her to sit in my lap. thanks for pointing that out to me.

Have you tried feeding her some of her regular food made into a mash with water? She can get the water she needs from the mash and then you wouldn't have to worry about her spilling it on herself and she can have it with her all the time in case she gets hungry
smile.png

the3ofus+oursixchicks :

Quote:
ohhh that scared me cause when i read it first it sounded like it was ok for me to do it. so i did. then i came back to post and thought oh no what does that mean. anyway i brought petunia the barred rock. i would have brought daisey since she is a buff orpington also but she has a bit of an attitude and wants to peck everybody so that was out. anyhow i took her in there and got rosey out of the tub she let petunia know she was still the boss. she pecked her a few times. she drank a little more but still doesnt want to eat. she doesnt wan to move around alot either. maybe its because the darkness? i didnt leave petunia in there long.

It's a good thing that you're doing the best you can for rosey and by pecking at petunia rosey is letting petunia know that rosey is still at the top of the pecking order. It's a risky to spay rosey but it's all up to you as it is your choice. I hope the best for rosey.​

Is she getting any grit? I thought they needed that to help digest the food? She is very lucky to have you. I am watching this thred and praying for the best for both of you!

i just fed her some noodles she ate and drank really well:weee
ya.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
!! its 5 20 here around another hour or hour and half before they usually go to bed cant wait til it gets dark. i dont think i will try the spaying.

the3ofus+oursixchicks :

i just fed her some noodles she ate and drank really well:weee
ya.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
!! its 5 20 here around another hour or hour and half before they usually go to bed cant wait til it gets dark. i dont think i will try the spaying.

That is a good sign that she's eating and drinking well. I'm glad that rosey is doing alright.​

Quote:
That is a good sign that she's eating and drinking well. I'm glad that rosey is doing alright.

It's a relief to hear this, and my best to Rosie tomorrow! It's so good to see some good news, here's to tomorrow and her appt.

Back
Top Bottom