Egg laying problem is urgent

Futuregreenefarm

Songster
May 9, 2019
Morganton, GA
Any idea what I can do for this pullet. Had deformed eggs for 3 days and I just figured out which one today as she started sitting a lot with eyes closed and finally saw her also poop very yellow poop.
MVIMG_20200425_174708.jpg

Did this egg look like the others? Do you have your hens on layer feed and provide crushed oyster shell for them to take as they choose? She may have something going on with her shell gland in her oviduct, or possibly salpingitis. Hard ro know for sure.

1587854622179.jpeg

@Eggcessive Thank you for the video. It was very informative and I can see how it can be a shell gland problem for my hen.

I've been giving her Tums as best as I can in different ways. She does seem to feel better, not sitting and she is now up moving around with the group and coming to take food readily when I bring it to give her the Tums.

But my egg production is down in general. I have 7 hens and was getting 6 to 7 eggs a day until this. About 2 days before I started finding the bad eggs, I had 2 hens try to go broody. They both did this earlier in the spring and both broke quickly. So again, last week, they tried again and I put them both in "jail" to break them. One broke in a day and the older one in 2 days. So eggs went down and then I started finding the bad eggs. Now I am down to 2 eggs Sunday, 4 Monday and Tuesday; however, it was 5 today, no bad egg yesterday or today that I could find. (I'm afraid if I don't find them, they will eat them.) I don't care if I get 2 eggs or 10, but I just don't want them sick. I hope this isn't something that could be moving through the flock??

Back
Top Bottom