Egg laying problem

Mrdiegs

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
2 of my chickens started laying eggs 3 weeks ago then 1 week ago my 2 chickens stopped laying eggs. what do i do. will they start laying again.

I'm pretty sure they will start again. Mine did the same thing. Very sporadic when they first started. One laid for a few days and then quit for a few days. Wash, Rinse, Repeat for a couple weeks. Eventually she evened out. That's been my experience anyway. I'm sure others will chime in who have more experience. Hope they pick up the pace soon for you!
fl.gif

I'm pretty sure they will start again. Mine did the same thing. Very sporadic when they first started. One laid for a few days and then quit for a few days. Wash, Rinse, Repeat for a couple weeks. Eventually she evened out. That's been my experience anyway. I'm sure others will chime in who have more experience. Hope they pick up the pace soon for you!
fl.gif
This is true. Be patient, your hens are new at this. They will get more regular as they get a bit older.

I would do a thorough search around the coop, run, and free-ranging areas.

They wouldn't be the first chickens to find a nice little secluded spot, hidden away, to lay their eggs.

Have a good look around for a secret nest - they are tricky little things, chickens. You can't trust them!

Krista

Back
Top Bottom