Egg Laying Song??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by NC Chicken Gal, Oct 10, 2009.

1. NC Chicken Gal

NC Chicken Gal Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2009
    I am just curious...does anyone happen to have an audio of this elusive "egg laying song"?? My chickens litterally just started laying...I got my first 2 (green [​IMG] ) eggs yesterday and one brown one today. Just want to know what this egg-laying song sounds like....My hens just sound like they are growling!!

2. fargosmom

fargosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Pasadena, CA
    Trust me - you'll know. It's sort of a buck-buck-buck-BA-GAWK!!! and it goes on for a varying length of time, right after they lay. But that said, they don't all do it. Of my 4 hens, two are big-time squawkers and the other 2 are pretty discreet. They also are noisier some days than others. And, sometimes they cry wolf - I go out after hearing them and find the nest box still empty. I think those are the days they sit on the perch and laugh at me and point, whispering to each other "stupid human!" [​IMG]

3. Babe77

Babe77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Williamsburg, MI
    Here ya go...Enjoy [​IMG]

4. swimmom

swimmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Carolinas
    Great link Babe77. One of my chickens started laying two weeks ago, but I'm never home when she does - if I'm ever around and hear that noise, I'll know what's going on!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by