Egg laying

MamaLynn23

Songster
Jan 9, 2021
I have a quick question. In everyone’s experience, how long does it usually take for a young hen to get back to laying after hatching a clutch?

I have two hens that hatched clutches of duck eggs for us that we are now hand raising. So since they aren’t taking care of any babies when can I expect them to start regularly laying again?

I have a quick question. In everyone’s experience, how long does it usually take for a young hen to get back to laying after hatching a clutch?

I have two hens that hatched clutches of duck eggs for us that we are now hand raising. So since they aren’t taking care of any babies when can I expect them to start regularly laying again?
Are you in the northern hemisphere?

If so, might just need to wait a month for a little more daylight to help them start back up.

Curious how they reacted to having their 'chicks' taken away?
Are the ducklings away from where the hens can see/hear them?
How old are the hens?
Often a bird will molt after hatching......that can add the the time until egg appear again.

We live in South Texas
Here's how to add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1611784653421.png

Curious how they reacted to having their 'chicks' taken away?
Are the ducklings away from where the hens can see/hear them?
How old are the hens?
Often a bird will molt after hatching......that can add the the time until egg appear again.

Here's how to add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2505342
Cool thanks!

Back
Top Bottom