Egg Laying

Buh-GAWK, Buh GAWK, buck, buck, buck, Buh-GAWK!!! repeat about a hundred times as loud as possible. That's what mine do after laying an egg, before laying an egg, if they think about laying an egg, or if one of them thinks that one of the other hens might be laying an egg, or if someone needs some encouragement to lay an egg, or...

Quote:
Agreed! However, My 22-week old Buff Orpingtons have bright red, well developed wattles and combs and have been squatting like crazy for two weeks! Every day I think THIS IS THE DAY. Today, when I heard the egg song sung over and over again I thought for sure I'd find an egg but apparently, they just like teasing me!
smile.png

What is the egg song ?
idunno.gif

When chickens lay an egg they announce it loudly! Bawk Bawk Bawk BaGawk! Sometimes they all join in
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you , as a proud papa of my first pullets , I did not know . Just getting anxious as one writer said .
D.gif
These are Golden laced Wyandottes and I want , not need ,but want , some Blue Laced red Wyandottes . They are beautiful .
big_smile.png
I get a strange look from my darling wife when I speak of the BLR wyandottes .

Trust me, I understand feeling anxious! I check for eggs 4-5 times a day. They're SO READY and exhibiting all the signs but nada... Earlier today, I caught my husband checking the nesting boxes, which made me smile hugely.
big_smile.png
He always laughs at me and my chicken obsession but it seems he's caught the sense of anticipation when it comes to first eggs too. Three of the girls I'm waiting on are Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and one is a Golden Laced Wyandotte. They are lovely, I agree, but it's the Silver-Laced I love best when it comes to Wyandottes!

Have a little patience. Grab a glass of wine or a little shot of Scotch and relax. As woodmort usually says, "they are not holding out on you, they WILL begin laying sooner or later." When they come, they come.
caf.gif
:caf

Quote:
Thank you , as a proud papa of my first pullets , I did not know . Just getting anxious as one writer said .
D.gif
These are Golden laced Wyandottes and I want , not need ,but want , some Blue Laced red Wyandottes . They are beautiful .
big_smile.png
I get a strange look from my darling wife when I speak of the BLR wyandottes .

Trust me, I understand feeling anxious! I check for eggs 4-5 times a day. They're SO READY and exhibiting all the signs but nada... Earlier today, I caught my husband checking the nesting boxes, which made me smile hugely.
big_smile.png
He always laughs at me and my chicken obsession but it seems he's caught the sense of anticipation when it comes to first eggs too. Three of the girls I'm waiting on are Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and one is a Golden Laced Wyandotte. They are lovely, I agree, but it's the Silver-Laced I love best when it comes to Wyandottes!

I happened to run across some pictures on here and saw the Blue laced reds , did not know there were so many different color combo of the wyandottes . I would like to get some of each , but not the banny ones .

Back
Top Bottom