Egg Nog recipe

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by americana-lover, Dec 23, 2012.

1. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    Hey! I was just wondering anyone had a great egg nog recipe out there. I usually buy egg nog, but this is my first year with so many fresh eggs, and I wanted to try making my own. Iv'e heard of a couple of recipes, but I don't like the ingredients. Do you have any cool egg nog recipes? If so, please share!

Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. CluckAcres

CluckAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Silver Lake, Indiana
    im wondering the same thing. i would like some fresh egg nog. [​IMG]

3. kwol

kwol Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    St. Johns, FL
    I just stumbled across this thread today. too late for this past Christmas, but this is a keeper for this Christmas to come. Best egg nog and my family BEGS for this stuff every year. Make sure to carefully cook the mixture with almost constant stirring or you will end up with sweetened scrambled eggs instead!

8 eggs 1 cp sugar 1 tsp ground nutmeg
    3 cps milk, divided 3 cps heavy whipping cream, divided

In a heavy saucepan whisk eggs and sugar. Gradually add 1 cup milk and 1 cup cream. Cook and stir over low heat until the thermometer reads 160°, about 25 minutes. Pour into a large bowl, stir in the nutmeg and the remaining milk and cream. Place the bowl in an ice water bath, stir frequently until mixture is cool. Cover and refrigerate for least three hours before serving. Makes 2 quarts.

4. CluckAcres

CluckAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    Silver Lake, Indiana
    thanks for the recipe!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by