Egg not developing like the rest

AlleysChicks

Enabler
6 Years
Oct 10, 2016
Southern Ohio
These are shipped eggs and are due this Wednesday the 7th. The other 8 are right on track, filling up the egg, nice big veins. But 1 egg is not as developed as the others. They were all set at the same time so I’m just trying to figure it out. It’s still alive and moving inside but very small. I’m thinking maybe the egg didn’t have a large enough yolk and the embryo stopped developing.

Below is the same egg but at different angles.
B497FCB3-B018-4684-9955-628842796121.jpeg
66B68EA6-C22C-4A06-B528-16EE533D915A.jpeg
4DB1EDFD-D2B2-474E-9261-7A323088EB3A.jpeg

:fl I'll be watching to, maybe it will just be a little guy or need couple extra days to incubate
maybe but I don’t have much hope. It only has that large vein in the pic. I think it’ll end up with a blood line. I’ll check it again tomorrow night when I start the lockdown. These are bantams so they are pretty small.

maybe but I don’t have much hope. It only has that large vein in the pic. I think it’ll end up with a blood line. I’ll check it again tomorrow night when I start the lockdown. These are bantams so they are pretty small.
I know this hatch I've seen some weird things when candling...doesn't help I candle like two time a day :oops:

Well I just did a candle and he’s gone. Since it’s 11pm and I have work early in the morning I will check him out tomorrow when I get home. I’ll include pics if I don’t get my hands too messy.

Back
Top Bottom