Egg not hatching day 24

mmckenzie14

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 20, 2012
I have an egg (1) I got from a fried she was going to toss it it was fertilized. She just did not want a chick, i took it on 8/26 and put it in a homemade incubator. My temp was a bit inconstant at first ( 7 days or so ) then constistant afterward. it is now 24-25 days in i believe and no hatch. I did the water test and its a good egg but no movement. I am concerned I raised the humidity . I cannot see a thing when candleing it is a thick brown egg. What should i do, how else can i tell if it is still alive, ive read about pipping the egg to help but i do not know how. can someone please explain.

welcome-byc.gif

If your temperature was inconsistent it may have delayed the development. But then I also had a chick hatch on day 25 under a broody hen! Sometimes they are a little late. Here's some threads in this link that'll explain about the float test, should you help a chick hatch and how to:
Incubating & Hatching Eggs Important Topic Index - Please Review

I did the float test yesterday, only 10% or 15% of the egg was above water ( viable egg) but there was no movement. Ive heard no chirping, no pipping and a cannot see a thing when i candle the egg. I dont know if it has pipped on the inside ( ive heard that, i dont know how to tell) If i open it and it is still alive can i help it out even if has not pipped? where should you open it and how if so. Ill leave it for another day or so

Back
Top Bottom