Egg picture

his4ever

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
I think when I open this one tomorrow, it's going to be a double yolk. This is the largest egg my BR has ever laid since she started laying about two weeks ago. I have her egg from yesterday as comparison. She also took longer to lay this one this morning.

97570_eggs.jpg

Thanks! I'm not sure how old yours is, but I understand the wait! They should start laying soon
big_smile.png
. It's so magical when they do. Now if only my Brown Leghorn would get consistent!

Last edited:
I love the dark color of the barred rock eggs. I had one like that last week and it was astounding!!! Love the surprises like that.

I know! The color of their eggs is beautiful! I have always wanted a chicken that laid brown eggs. This is such fun!
big_smile.png

Whimper whimper.... STOP IT YOU'RE TORTURING ME! I have to wait until Jan. 1st till mine lay... I don't think I can LIVE!! Waaaaaa... (sorry I can be a bit of a cry baby at times...) Waaaa

p.s. AWESOME EGG!

Scooter&Suzie :

Whimper whimper.... STOP IT YOU'RE TORTURING ME! I have to wait until Jan. 1st till mine lay... I don't think I can LIVE!! Waaaaaa... (sorry I can be a bit of a cry baby at times...) Waaaa

p.s. AWESOME EGG!

do you have that penciled in? That they lay on the 1st? No dec 31st or Jan 2nd for you? lol

smile.png
That is a while to wait. I hope it goes super quick, maybe they will surprise you with a Christmas gift?
smile.png

Fred's Hens :

I always wince whenever I find those humongous eggs!!! Ouch. Frankly, I don't care to see them.

It made me wonder if that was why I did not see both eggs in the box this morning. I think I would hold it in as long as I could if I had to push out something that big... both my BR's usually have their eggs in the box before I come out to give them breakfast.

On another note: I still have two more chickens that have another month or two before they start to lay... and let me tell you, I am anxiously waiting for them! Two eggs a day is most certainly not enough. And some of the research I have been doing seems to point that my brown leghorn may only produce every three days? It's been a while since she has last laid an egg. Sigh:fl

Quote:
It made me wonder if that was why I did not see both eggs in the box this morning. I think I would hold it in as long as I could if I had to push out something that big... both my BR's usually have their eggs in the box before I come out to give them breakfast.

On another note: I still have two more chickens that have another month or two before they start to lay... and let me tell you, I am anxiously waiting for them! Two eggs a day is most certainly not enough. And some of the research I have been doing seems to point that my brown leghorn may only produce every three days? It's been a while since she has last laid an egg. Sigh:fl

You should get 5-6 per week.

Back
Top Bottom