Egg pipped week out from hatch day

Also, to be fair, that was an abnormally bumpy looking small chicken egg. And I have jumbos that lay eggs nearly identical to that one, if anyone is wondering how I mixed them up

Thanks everybody. I feel so dumb 🙄
I will try and keep it in as long as I can and then move it to the brooder. I thought it sounded funny 🤣 too bad none of my girls are broody anymore. So funny.
Don't worry be happy. It happens to the best of us at one time or another. I've had my goof-ups too. Again, good luck and have fun...

Don't worry be happy. It happens to the best of us at one time or another. I've had my goof-ups too. Again, good luck and have fun...
Decided to name it Bubby. But I am curious about what it is, never had a chick hatch that looked like this one. It’s very large-bodied to have come out of such a small egg. And very oddly yellow.
6C108FDE-22B7-42EC-8776-BB6AFD672068.jpeg
C0DCB1E6-324C-4093-946E-64CD23831474.jpeg

I think you may be right. We got an EE hen a few weeks ago but didn’t think she was laying bc previous owner said she laid green eggs... oh well. It’ll be a beautiful bird 🤗
They don't always lay a colored egg some are more of a tan/cream color.

They don't always lay a colored egg some are more of a tan/cream color.
This all makes sense now. Just wondering how she got fertile so fast! And gotta see who the dad is, as we have Sir Big Spur (supposed to be a buff orp) and Carl, a white silkie roo, which might explain the weird eyes and extra long feathers. Gonna watch Bubby grow and figure it out 😍

Decided to name it Bubby. But I am curious about what it is, never had a chick hatch that looked like this one. It’s very large-bodied to have come out of such a small egg. And very oddly yellow. View attachment 2273508View attachment 2273509
The newspaper article.
'Push more, pull more'
Kinda fitting for a chick who just had to break his way out of an egg.

He is adorable.

Back
Top Bottom