Egg Positioning Question

GrassClump

Chirping
Mar 12, 2023
Texas
So 7 days ago I started incubating 6 eggs.

today I candled them to make sure their air cells were the correct size and 3 of them showed good signs đź‘Ťalthough... I soon realized I had put 2 of them facing the wrong direction!

context : my incubator states to "put the pointy end twords the center" a lot of the eggs are rounded on both ends so I just picked the most pointy side on them.

the two I put in the wrong direction look exactly the same (No veins and one dark side).

so my question is what exactly did putting them in the wrong way do to them?

EDIT : upon further investigation I noticed these eggs DID IN FACT SHOW SOME VEINS AROUND THE DARK MASS

However they are very hard to see and the large clear side still concerns me (Pic of one of the two eggs I only took the 1 photo since they looked similar anyways). I'd like to know why they look like this and if they can recover.

20230326_010014.jpg

Last edited:
context : my incubator states to "put the pointy end twords the center" a lot of the eggs are rounded on both ends so I just picked the most pointy side on them.
Thanks for the context. That's not something you often get on this forum and it can really help, like in this case,

It sounds like your incubator turns them by rolling and the rolling motion is a circle from the center. The inside is turning slower than the outside. Putting the pointy end toward the center helps them roll smoother. Some people with incubators like that complain about the eggs not rolling right. That's the reason and those eggs are probably very pointed, not like yours.

That has nothing to do with development. Your eggs should be fine.

So 7 days ago I started incubating 6 eggs.

today I candled them to make sure their air cells were the correct size and 3 of them showed good signs đź‘Ťalthough... I soon realized I had put 2 of them facing the wrong direction!

the two I put in the wrong direction look exactly the same (No veins and one dark side).

so my question is what exactly did putting them in the wrong way do to them?

EDIT : upon further investigation I noticed these eggs DID IN FACT SHOW SOME VEINS AROUND THE DARK MASS

However they are very hard to see and the large clear side still concerns me (Pic of one of the two eggs I only took the 1 photo since they looked similar anyways). I'd like to know why they look like this and if they can recover.

View attachment 3444279
I get eggs like that on occasion. They are perfectly fine, & the chick hatches normal.

Back
Top Bottom