Egg Problem

The_Coop

Chirping
Jun 19, 2020
This is my first time hatching eggs from an incubator so bare with me!!
One of my eggs started hatching yesterday on day 19 at around 4 PM. It has been a little over 24 hours and there has been little progress and I can still hear chirping from that chick every so often.
I want to avoid opening the incubator lid in view of keeping the eggs safe so I cant really get a good look at the egg at the moment.
I've also heard that you should let it go a little over 24 hours before assisting.
Does anyone have any ideas what happening or what I should do?

my experience has been they can take 36 hours, maybe alittle more after they pip .. if the temp and humidity is right it will likely be ok untileverybody else pipped is out .. i'd wait until then to assist .. i hardly ever have to though, at most use tweezers to unzip well into the airpocket side and work extremly slow, if you notice any blood at all put it back and wait .. if you broke it up some he'll push out when he's ready ..

my experience has been they can take 36 hours, maybe alittle more after they pip .. if the temp and humidity is right it will likely be ok untileverybody else pipped is out .. i'd wait until then to assist .. i hardly ever have to though, at most use tweezers to unzip well into the airpocket side and work extremly slow, if you notice any blood at all put it back and wait .. if you broke it up some he'll push out when he's ready ..
Thanks for the help!!

Back
Top Bottom