Egg project (pic)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by IHeartChickens, Dec 8, 2007.

1. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    I used polymer clay in a solid color over a blown out egg and baked it. Then I put a transfer decal of a rooster on it that I found at a craft store and then covered it with a clear finish coat. I used beads and thread to make a little hanger. I was not sure how it would come out, but I think its pretty cute.

[​IMG]

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I love it, you need to make them and sell them here. Please I would buy one.

3. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Thats impressive! You have a talent. Wonder if a picture of a small child would work on that?

4. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I love it --- mind if I try to make some here for family / friends? dont want to steal ideas but that is really great looking.

how long did you bake it for at what temp ?
    man I wish my girls would start laying - if not I will have to get store eggs no-one eats those any way right LOL [​IMG]

Julie

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Love it. You did great. [​IMG]

6. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    That is BEAUTIFUL!

7. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

That is nice, great work [​IMG] I have been learning to do the same thing.............I bet a picture would work.......... what type of clear finish did you use? I have some done and wasnt sure what would work , especially on the parts of my egg that do not have clay on them..... I agree.you could sell those !

8. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    NCCountryGirl, Wow! Thanks for the compliment. It was just an "eggsperiment" but I'll see if I can make some more.

TXChiknRanchers, I've not worked with photo transfers before, have you? I'll try it some time.

Crazy4Chicks, by all means give it a go. Post pics! I baked the clay covered egg at 230F for 15 minutes. Just make sure you poke a small hole in the bottom of the egg with a pin before you bake it or bad things will happen. (found out the hard way)

TexasChickenMama & Cockadoodlemom, Thanks for the compliments on my eggsperiment!

Okiechick57, I love the fish and chick eggs on your post. You are very creative. It inspired me to try different things with the eggs. I used Sculpey Glaze Satin as the clear coat.

9. cajungal

cajungal Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2007
    That's beautiful.. I would buy one to..Are you going to make more of them?
    Blessing

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Beautiful!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by