Egg Safety?

Beccatrix

Songster
Nov 28, 2021
Wisconsin
We had a house sitter while we were gone for 11 days. She found our first pullet eggs, but did miss 3 duck eggs. They were buried under shavings when I got home. We had several freezes while away. They've been in the fridge since I found them yesterday. Not knowing when they were laid, should I just toss them?

Would they have gotten warm then cold then warm again? Like from a duck body or temp? If so I would toss it.

We are in the same area-I had an egg out overnight in the coop that I missed or someone laid late-it froze that night but the egg itself didn't freeze. If this is the case and it stayed cooler during the day, I would likely cook it up for the chickens/ducks to eat. I probably wouldn't eat them myself.

Would they have gotten warm then cold then warm again? Like from a duck body or temp? If so I would toss it.

We are in the same area-I had an egg out overnight in the coop that I missed or someone laid late-it froze that night but the egg itself didn't freeze. If this is the case and it stayed cooler during the day, I would likely cook it up for the chickens/ducks to eat. I probably wouldn't eat them myself.
Thanks! The fluctuations are what I'm most worried about.

Back
Top Bottom