egg selling

Chickenslol

Songster
Sep 26, 2020
idk man, no clue
well now that most, if not all, of our nine chickens are laying, we’re going to need to get rid of them because as a small family of three we certainly cannot eat them all. i was planning on selling them to our neighbors to make a couple bucks for chicken feed and other expenses but i wanted to know, how much do you see your eggs for? we’re in central MA and i’m planning on four dollars is that too much? what do you think would be the right amount?

I’m in Central Wisconsin, I sell my eggs for $2 and always sell out. My cousin down the road sells her eggs for $2.50 and she also sells out.

The best thing to do is keep track of when you start a new bag of feed, keep track of how many eggs you get while you are using that bag of feed. When the bag is finished, divided the price of the bag by how many dozens of eggs you got in that time period. This will give you an idea of what price you will break even on.

well now that most, if not all, of our nine chickens are laying, we’re going to need to get rid of them because as a small family of three we certainly cannot eat them all. i was planning on selling them to our neighbors to make a couple bucks for chicken feed and other expenses but i wanted to know, how much do you see your eggs for? we’re in central MA and i’m planning on four dollars is that too much? what do you think would be the right amount?
I sell bantam hatching eggs for $5 a dozen. Do you have to have a perment were you live?

we’re in central MA and i’m planning on four dollars is that too much? what do you think would be the right amount?
Not a bad place to start. Easier to lower the price than raise it.
Much depends on what backyard eggs are selling for in your area,
and who might be interested in paying the 4 bucks.

Work and church or other groups you are involved in can be a great place to sell.
With only 9 birds you may only need 3-4-5 regular customers.

The best thing to do is keep track of when you start a new bag of feed, keep track of how many eggs you get while you are using that bag of feed. When the bag is finished, divided the price of the bag by how many dozens of eggs you got in that time period. This will give you an idea of what price you will break even on.
That's exactly how I track my costs/sales.

Back
Top Bottom