egg selling

too much risk of disease selling them to customers, we’re at a liability

Unfortunate, that.

My wife makes a challah-like bread with her sourdough starter and some of our eggs. Its good with a bit of fresh butter, maybe some jam - but its spectacular as the base for french toast. At which point you should probably call it "pain perdu", and really play it up as high class, not day old leftovers. The base also works well with dried fruits, like a cinnamon raisin bread (I prefer dried cranberries - but whatever makes you happy)

/edit More seriously, check out your State's NPIP certification. Mine is free, and they test the whole flock, twice yearly, for two forms of salmonella. No guarantees, of course, but it does help manage risk.

we’re not a business so no, i don’t believe. i also don’t think my neighbors will report me for it so we’re good. i’m currently cranking out a lot rn six of them are laying, so it’s a dozen every two days, but we’ll see. i do live close to a pretty fancy neighborhood so i’m not really sure how much they’ll spring for eggs. i was thinking of checking grocery store prices, averaging them out, and going 50 cents lower than that. that way there’s an incentive to buy. how’s that sound?
Yeah that sounds good.👍

Back
Top Bottom