Egg SHAKING??

Hi, shaking eggs are good. I usually peep at the egg, even thru an incubator to see if someone will answer me.
I keep my humidity as high as I can unless it fogs up the window. It's usually 65, but raises itself during hatching.
My Jersey Giants lay a very long egg, light brown, but it's a big egg.
Marans usually lay a real dark egg with speckles. But my Orp was laying darkish brown eggs with speckles. I don't know anything about bantams.
The movement can be for a day or two. Then you will see a pip, and it can still take a day. I had a chick shrink wrap because mom left the nest and had to finish it in a very high humidity incubator and lay it on a wet paper towel. It also took 24 hours to absorb the veins under the shell.

ms.cluckling :

Why is it less likely that the long brown one will hatch?

I don't think so, it might be that genetically someone might just lay long brown eggs,​

MY FIRST CHICK!!!!
It hatched this morning 12 hours after it pipped. It is the one that was shaking. it is a white/yellow chick, very cute!
It's really active, didn't even rest after getting out of the egg. It's in the brooder!
It's really loud, so its name is Peeps!!

Here is little Peeps:

74217_peeps_046.jpg

thank you! does anyone know a possible breed? it has clean, pink legs, and 2 small black patches on its down. its normal size (so not a bantam) and came from a white egg. im not sure of the comb type, or if it has a beard or muffs (i dont know how to tell on a chick). thanks

Back
Top Bottom