Egg shell uses????

I wouldn't give any extra calcium to chicks as it can cause problems with kidneys. that's why you arent supposed to feed layers food. I wouldn't feed then egg shell until they are laying age. You can however feed boiled eggs and they will love it and get lots of protien,

I like to hard boil the eggs peel and chop, and the shells are heated to dry them out, put in the food processor to crush fine, then feed them back. I chop and crush everything so as not to encourage egg eating by the chickens. this is a common practice as it is a good source of protein and the shells are a good source of calcium.

AL

Quote:
At 11 weeks, they certaintly don't need it yet. If you provide it free choice (not mixed up with their feed), they will just eat what they need.

Quote:
Thank You

Mike D

read these posts carefully.. this one is talking about chicks, not laying hens.. it is out of context and a bit misleading.. however it is not incorrect, just misplaced..

Thank You for that.. I did pick up on it though. I'll be waiting a while before I give them egg shells.

Mike D

Back
Top Bottom