Egg size and color question

suzeqf

Songster
8 Years
Mar 17, 2011
I've have an egg mystery. The hen is banty and the egg is about the size of a marble and is dark brown. I have 7 banty hens and 5 reg size hens and when they all lay I have 11 eggs my Ameraucana hen hasn't laid yet and I collect 11 egss but every one and then someone lays a teeny brown egg. Who could it be. These are my banty girls

2 silkies,3 OEGB's(blue/black/self blue),black cochin, seabright

I've search online but I can't find anything the mystery part is I've caught just about all of them leaving the nest box and I've hatch eggs from 2 of them.

What you're describing is small, even for a banty eggs.....It's commonly referred to as a "fart" egg, and could come from any of your brown egg layers, as these little tiny eggs seem to be concentrated with color......

tongue.png

What you're describing is small, even for a banty eggs.....It's commonly referred to as a "fart" egg, and could come from any of your brown egg layers, as these little tiny eggs seem to be concentrated with color......

tongue.png

Thanks

it's so small that is can almost sit inside a pepsi bottle cap. i was kinda wondering if it was something like that and when you crack it is had the teeny tiniest little yolk

Back
Top Bottom