egg size

Angel13

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 11, 2014
Well we have gotten 3 eggs from our white leghorn. She skipped one day but we have gotten two eggs in 2 days:D. The only thing that concerns me is they are very small. Will they get bigger the more she lays? We are new to this and really don't know what to expect. I get so excited to hear her egg song and see an egg. My hubby thinks I am strange but we have raised them from chicks. To me it's amazing. I can't wait until the other 8 start to lay.

Angel

Well we have gotten 3 eggs from our white leghorn. She skipped one day but we have gotten two eggs in 2 days:D. The only thing that concerns me is they are very small. Will they get bigger the more she lays? We are new to this and really don't know what to expect. I get so excited to hear her egg song and see an egg. My hubby thinks I am strange but we have raised them from chicks. To me it's amazing. I can't wait until the other 8 start to lay.

Angel

Their first eggs are small - they will progress in size over the first few weeks of laying.

I hear ya, lol. We are up to 7 eggs now from our two that have started to lay over the last week and I think we *might* be able to make one serving of scrambled eggs
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom