Egg Skelter

Could someone tell me if this rack accommodates the smaller pullet eggs? I guess you'd classify them around 40-50 grams.

I have a leghorn who lays gigantic legs and a bantum cochin who lays very small ones and they all will fit on there just fine. The bantum eggs need to be sideways or they fall through.

Overall I have been super happy with it. They eggs do not slide down it perfectly so you have to adjust a little but that doesn't really bother me.

Last edited:
I have a leghorn who lays gigantic legs and a bantum cochin who lays very small ones and they all will fit on there just fine. The bantum eggs need to be sideways or they fall through.

Overall I have been super happy with it. They eggs do not slide down it perfectly so you have to adjust a little but that doesn't really bother me.
Thanks for the response. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I will be getting one soon.
frow.gif

Hi Knobbyoaks,
we make the egg skelter here in uk, and to me it sounds like the bantam size would suit you the best. If you visit our web page, you can see the colour range, and I can email you the cost etc from uk(pretty good at the moment, as the exchange is very much in USA favour!!) egg-skelter.co.uk.
thanks for all the lovely comments everyone!1

Hi Knobbyoaks,
we make the egg skelter here in uk, and to me it sounds like the bantam size would suit you the best. If you visit our web page, you can see the colour range, and I can email you the cost etc from uk(pretty good at the moment, as the exchange is very much in USA favour!!) egg-skelter.co.uk.
thanks for all the lovely comments everyone!1
Thank you but I ordered one yesterday from a U.S. business. I think they're really neat. I would hesitate to get a bantam size since my eggs should get bigger as the pullets mature.

Back
Top Bottom