Egg Song and Neighbors

i Have 2 hens that just started practicing the song today, and 4 Roos that have been crowing for 6 wks. There are 5 houses on the 2 mile stretch we live on and the only complaint I hear is; they aren't laying yet.

Gosh I had no idea there was actually a term for this "singing" I have some LOUD ladies and I get paranoid about it and like you run out and thrown them scratch and goodies. (That is why they are probably singing!!) When mine are the loudest however is after one just laid an egg and she is separated from the other girls, she will stand there are create such a racket until the other 3 come running. Sometimes it is so loud that I am out there trying to help her find the others. I have gone over the deep end!! Out there helping chickens find their friends...... as my BIL says to my sister who also has a flock, " I wish I was a chicken and get all this attention, goodies and nice little chats!!"

Good Luck with the neighbors, have you brought them over fresh eggs?? Maybe that is just the thing to pacify the whole song thing??

My father owns a trailer park and my hens lay around in there coop near the far back corner. I live away from my chickens (about 3/4 of a mile) and there nabors HELP with them...lol They give them water melon and old bread and "collect" My eggs and figs for me.. LOL. I'm just in 7th grade but ive had chickens for a while... They never complane about the egg song or my old roo (gone now R.I.P beck) who crowed to tell the world HEY EVERY ONE ITS MORING, HEY EVERY ONE SHE LAID AN EGG!, HEY EVERYONE I FOUND A GRUB FOR YOU BUT I ALREADY ATE IT...hmmmm sad, now my hens barly make a peep...

Our chicken ordinance forbids roosters and "crowing hens". I hope we don't become the test case for whatever that means.

Quote:
Wow, that's a pretty broad ordinance. Like you, I am hoping not to become the test case for chicken laws in our town. Our neighbors are pretty decent, but I still worry about it when I can hear the girls echoing down the street.

We've had friends a couple of blocks away get into a tangle over their dog barking in the yard...

Back
Top Bottom