Egg spots - You didn't tell me

Buttercup Chillin

Songster
11 Years
Oct 27, 2008
SouthEast TX
You didn't tell me what happens when reaching your hand in and around the sand box and a quailie girl is getting ready to lay her egg. She just lays the egg in your hand.

The egg is all wet and the spots stick to your hand. Now I have a hand print on one of the eggs.
lol.png

Guess what, it takes some scrubbing to get that pigment off your hand, too.
hmm.png

Oh, hey Buttercup, did you know that the spot pigment transfers when it's wet? So make sure your hands are out of the way or you'll be spotted
tongue.png

There, see, I didn't forget, it just took a little while to warn you
lau.gif

For Real.

It was My Delima, she is used to me handling her and doesn't go bonkers when I have my hands near her. I thought she was just playing in the sand box. She wouldn't move so I was reaching around her to feel for eggs in the back of the box where I couldn't see.

I guess she thought "well if you want it that bad, here it is". Plop.
lol.png

I've picked up wet eggs before that had been very recently layed. But the pigment never stuck like this one did. Surprised me.

So yup, she marked me for life.

Look At The Bright Side.... At Least You'll Be Able To Tell If Her Eggs Are Fertile Anyways... I Mean With The Fingerprints On It It Should Be Easy To Tell If It Hatches Or Not
smile.png

I haven't had that happen yet... But the pigment thing is pretty cool, eh? I didn't know that the spots were "painted" on, I was cleaning some with a wet rag before I boiled them.. And I was thinking "Man, these things are nasty". But I realized that the spots were actually coming off of the eggs
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom