egg storage temp?

birdbrain5

Songster
12 Years
Aug 2, 2010
i have some bantam eggs in my bator, and while i waited to set them i stored them inside in the turner, and it was usually 68-70 degrees on the thermo. that i kept next to the eggs. all are developing well on day 14. i have read people reccomend storing them at a cooler temp? how cold is too cold? the temp drops pretty good here at night (NC) so i dont know if i can keep them outside.. during the day im sure they would be fine but at night i feel it would be too cold. is it ok to keep storing them inside between 65-70 degrees if it didnt seem to bother the last batch? theres no where in my house thats any cooler than that, so i dont have many options.

yeah i agree, i am storing some for the incubator... Right now... my house varies in temp,,, from 65, too 75,,, I live in the OKie state, temps are crazy down here

I have kept mine in the fridge before. (was going to eat them, then changed my mind, LOL) no turning, no nothing. A week later, I pulled them out and let them set to room temp, put them in the bator and they hatched, and I have left them sit on the shelf outside in 110 daytime temps, and shipped them to someone (who knew they'd not been kept well) and they hatched something like 19 out of 24, and they were shipped at ten days old. I think eggs are a lot tougher pre-incubation than people give them credit for. Now, once they go into the bator, I think things have to be as close to perfect as possible.

yes i have also had eggs left out in my coop, while it was 35 degrees, they stayed out for about 5 hours, and i just took it in and warmed it up, and incubated it

Back
Top Bottom