Egg stuck to chickens butt feathers...

BlueMoon-N-Farm

Chirping
6 Years
May 17, 2013
Almost all of my birds have been laying there eggs, and then walking away with their eggs attached to their bums...
With a flock full of egg eaters this is becoming my biggest problem as the eggs promptly flop on the ground or get pecked off of the hens tush...
How do i fix this? I doubt there is a anti stick spray for chicken rumps, so should I think about trimming feathers? Or does anyone have any advice on this matter?

Last edited:
Wow, never heard of that problem before! Like the fully shelled eggs are actually attached to their rear end? Sounds very odd. If the rear ends are sticky, I would bathe each of your hens, so the egg can no longer stick to anything. I would also observe them laying a few times so you can see how the egg sticks. Sorry I don't know more!

Wow, never heard of that problem before! Like the fully shelled eggs are actually attached to their rear end? Sounds very odd. If the rear ends are sticky, I would bathe each of your hens, so the egg can no longer stick to anything. I would also observe them laying a few times so you can see how the egg sticks. Sorry I don't know more!
The problem is that the eggs are wet coming out and are sticking to the fluffy feathers. My oprs are very well endowed in there fluffy butt areas so this is becoming a common occurrence :/

Odd...I have an orp, and this has never happened. The egg bloom, for my hens, is wet, but not sticky. I would trim butt fluff in your case, so the egg can't stick. Or bathe if the butt fluff is the least bit sticky. How big are these eggs.
The eggs are not that big, they are pretty normal size. They are English orps if that helps. Lots of fluff going on back there.
I'll just trim the feathers back. Thanks for the advice :)

My RIR just had this happen and of all my girls she is the least fluffy, strange its a new problem for me, I caught her and it came loose in my hand this time.

Back
Top Bottom