Egg that has a crack

Kwaja

Songster
Apr 24, 2020
I found this egg cracked in my quails kennel. Could it have a chance to grow into a chick? It doesn't look like the yolk was busted or anything. There is just a little indigent
20200814_164643~2.jpg

I found this egg cracked in my quails kennel. Could it have a chance to grow into a chick? It doesn't look like the yolk was busted or anything. There is just a little indigentView attachment 2290494
I read clear nail polish to seal the crack then incubate if its by its self and u want to try or get good ones from ur quail and hatch those

On the duck forums people say they patch them up if its not too bad and still hatch it, often with positive results.

I don't know if it will be the same for quail. And I haven't done it myself. But good luck.

But I wonder if something like a wood glue would be something more safe than the chemicals like nail polish etc, which use very heavy chemicals.

I wouldn't try. Cracked eggs rarely hatch, even if you seal the crack, and if it stops developing early it can rot and be a bacteria culture that can contaminate your entire incubator.
Ok I'll probably throw it out then.

Back
Top Bottom