Achickenwrangler#1

Songster
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
west virginia
Well, I got it down to when they lay, so today I went out and sure enough, eggs, gathered them up (not alot but) I was met at the door by a hen and roo, she looked right at the eggs I was holding and jumped up and looked in the nest and made a funny noise, to which the rooster responded, kinda low slow sqwak, and they both looked at me, directly at me, like I was a traitor or something...I'm serious! They caught me robbing the nest....I quickly grabbed a handful of chow and tapped the bowl and they were both distracted (of course I hid the eggs under my shirt) and sat there until I was sure their memory was erased, but I swear...they knew

lvchicken

Songster
8 Years
Feb 1, 2011
Ha that's what you would call short-term memory loss chicken style! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

TigerLilly

I failed Chicken Math
9 Years
Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Oh, they know, alright...some care, some don't...yours, aparently, KNOW! Lucky for you that they are easily distracted with erasable memories!

Achickenwrangler#1

Songster
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
west virginia
That is so true!!!Because this hen and roo have paired off - and he actually clucks and makes a nest....hahaha..on my poarch, which I keep moving her to the nesting box, and he keeps trying to hide in her flat at night (and she hides him!) and pretends like it's co-op time, they want to sleep together....o h brother what have I gotten into? They can both have the upper flat if they want, but hens and roos together, noooooo.(I want to sleep in mornings)and to think, I just made a chocolate torte that calls for ten eggs

Top Bottom